Teacher- Directed learning at the elementary level is offered using online learning and teaching resources and tools in grades 1- 6. Instruction follows the Alberta Program of Studies. This choice is best for students who wish to learn from home in a program where a certificated teacher:
- develops the instructional path,
- delivers the learning opportunities,
- coaches and assesses the student.
LearnNet is primarily a teacher directed program that uses technology to provide students the opportunity to learn with peers and to be part of an online learning community. Please review the following highlights of LearnNet:
- students and parents are highly engaged in both online and offline learning processes
- online sessions are interactive and engaging for students and provide parents with the foundational support to ensure student success
- combines online instruction using best practice learning strategies with a daily commitment to engage in follow-up learning offline in the home-based environment
- learning is supported with 24/7 access to assignments/materials in a web based format
- a second language is required in grades 4-6, we offer French and Spanish
Shared Responsibility (previously Blended)
Students may register in some courses as teacher-directed subjects and some courses as parent-directed Home Education subjects.
To be eligible, minimum of 50% must be Teacher-Directed. The percentage calculation is based on Alberta Education guidelines for instructional hours in each division.
Click here for more information.