Students may register in some courses as teacher-directed subjects and some courses as parent-directed Home Education subjects.
To be eligible, minimum of 50% must be Teacher-Directed. The percentage calculation below is based on Alberta Education guidelines for instructional hours in each division. When you register online the calculation will total for you automatically. The teacher directed courses will be offered in the LearnNet delivery model.
Grades 7, 8 & 9
An Argyll Advantage: In addition to all the teacher directed services, access to school events, parents and students registered in the blended program will enjoy the Argyll benefits of our parent-directed community:
- Experienced, Alberta certified, supportive teachers
- access to Argyll lending library and resources aligned to Alberta Program of Studies in all grades and subjects
- Teachers who are supportive of and knowledgeable about home education
Just in time, 24/7, and from the comfort of your home and computer: access to Argyll k-12 learning and teaching online community regardless of location in Alberta. Below is a small sample of the kinds of resources we provide in our gated learning community for parents and students in a well-resourced digital bookshelf across 16 learning areas, in grades 1-12.
- Natural Learning Community in Edmonton onsite
- Onsite, toll free, e-mail, Sametime instant messenger, ELive Open Office access to Argyll teacher
- Optional assistance in developing an Individual Education Plan for my child
- assistance in building and individual education plan
- Just in time and ongoing ability to update your education plans from year to year using online technology
- Free access to Science kits (Gr. 1-9) that include multiple hands-on activities and supplies for investigating various Science topics
- 2 yearly progress contacts offered through my choice of: On site Learning Fairs, ELive Learning Fairs, Google Apps
- Ongoing collaborative learning communities using leading edge collaborative education technology Google Apps, Moodle Forums
- Field Trips, Home School Days, online ELive Programs offered through: Scheduler, School News, Parent Directed Google App Sharing
- collaborative online learning supports for sharing amongst multi-aged parent-directed students
- access to project based learning supports in Argyll k-12 learning and teaching online community
- access to just in time online communication, coaching, and feedback to support student success and intervention through online education technology tools, including blogs, and learning forums.
- Monthly ELive Parent Curriculum Sharing/Ongoing Google Apps Parent Curriculum Sharing
- K-12 Curriculum Bank in our Parent -directed learning community
- Optional access to extensive digital resources aligned to the Alberta Program of studies including complete course materials in all grades and subjects ($300/ family)
- 50% for the student funding received by Edmonton Public Schools in supplemental funding, made available through reimbursement
- G-mail Account