Technology requirements for all students at Argyll
- Windows XP/Vista/7 or Mac (some file formats may require additional software to work on a Mac)
- Current version of Firefox (recommended), Google Chrome or Internet Explorer web browser
- Microsoft Office or OpenOffice (free at http://openoffice.org )
- Current version of Java (see http://java.com )
- A reliable high speed Internet connection
- Noise cancelling headset with attached microphone - required for all students
- CD or DVD drive
- Pentium 4 1.2 GHz Processor or better
- 512 MB RAM or better
Introduction to LearnNet for new Junior High students Click Here
Argyll 'My Locker'
- All student courses are relseased once registration is complete at: http://mylocker.learnnet.net
- Navigating Argyll ‘My Locker’ (video) https://mylocker.learnnet.net/portal.nsf/locker.xsp?Open
Tabs across the top of MyLocker.learnnet.net
- All communication for students is sent to the student share.eps.b.ca address
***A note about email accounts at Argyll
Clarification on Parent access to Google Apps:
Google Apps is a district funded and supported initiative provided to all staff and students at Edmonton Public Schools. It allows us to provide an e-mail account to all students without purchasing and maintaining additional servers at Argyll. The district does not provide Google Apps accounts to parents.
By default all student e-mail is sent to their Gmail account supplied by the district as part of Google Apps. If students would prefer to use a different e-mail account, they can check out the Google Apps F.A.Q. on the mail page in the locker for instructions on forwarding their e-mail to another location.
E-mail messages to parents are sent to the e-mail address provided to the school during registration. To see what e-mail address we have on file for you, please go to the Mail tab in the locker. If this address has changed or we don't have one on file for you, there is a link there where you can submit a change.
Parents with children in a parent-directed program can forward student emails to one family email account by forwarding from the share.epsb.ca student account from gmail settings. Click here for instructions.
Once inside our Argyll gated mylocker.learnnet.net community parents and students have access to our automated help desk, The Argyll Answer Network, available 24/7.
School Work Tab:
Access your online courses
Login/Forgotten password prompts
Resource Catalogue Recommendations - teaching/learning resources
eLive is the name for Argyll's live classes. Log into elive.learnnet.net to find the classes. Configure your computer settings and check that you have the required set up. Further Elluminate help is available if you want to learn more.
District/School/Class News and Resources
*Argyll posts most up to date information in the School News and calendar in SchoolZone.
Parent's Corner Tab (only when logged into locker as parent):
- Argyll Centre Parent Site
- Supplemental Funding Forms/ Account Summary
- Curriculum Handbooks/Summaries
- Event Scheduler to sign up for Field Trips
AAN - searches Argyll resources and information. This is our automated helpdesk and your first step if you need help with technology.