Parent Directed Home Education at Argyll: An Argyll Advantage!
Parent Directed Home Education programming (grades 1-12) adheres to the provincial Home Education Regulation. Parents have maximum input into their children's program designs. This program allows the most flexibility in terms of the educational focus for the school year - including resource selection, instructional methods and forms of assessment. The parent is the primary educator, with Argyll teachers providing support with program planning, resource selection, instructional approaches and methods of evaluation.
To obtain a High School Diploma at Argyll Centre in our Parent Directed Home Education Program, students will complete assessments in order to demonstrate the student achieves the course standards and learning outcomes set out in the Programs of Study in order to obtain a school-awarded mark.
At Argyll parents are encouraged to:
- submit a home education plan (HEP) that meets the Home Education Regulation requirements
- submit a mid and a year end written summary of the child’s progress toward the learning outcomes identified in the home education plan
- provide dated samples of the child’s learning in all of the subject areas identified in the home education plan (minimum of 4 core subjects)
- attend student progress review meetings with the child twice yearly with the Argyll teacher
Parents and parent directed home education students will enjoy the following Argyll benefits:
- Optional assistance in developing a Home Education Plan (HEP)
- Our online Home Education Planning system provides planning, and summary templates to simplify your process.
- Ongoing access to the online home education plan allowing revisions to be made as needed
- Field Trips, On-site classes, School News, Parent-Directed Google App Sharing
- Membership in the ‘Natural Learning Community’ - on & off site activities in Edmonton
- school library borrowing privileges
Parent Directed Home Education Registration for 2020-2021 - Updated September 30, 2020 at 4:00pm.
We are no longer accepting Parent Directed Home Education registrations for the 2020-2021 School Year.