New Registrations for 2020-2021
Updated July 27, 2020
Teacher Directed Registration for 2020-2021 Updated July 27, 2020
Online Programming at Argyll 2020/2021
Argyll Centre Update - home of LearnNet and Parent-Directed Home Education Program.
Due to the recent Government of Alberta announcement that schools will be returning to Face-to-Face instruction in September, we have been receiving a lot of requests for information.
- If you are presently enrolled in an Edmonton Public School please note that:
- In mid-August, families can expect their school to contact them about whether their child(ren) will return to face-to-face instruction at school or if they will choose at-home learning for their child. Check SchoolZone.
- Our goal is to ensure all students receive quality education, and we will continue to offer Online learning throughout the 2020-21 school year.
- Families who choose to have their child(ren) learn at-home will continue to be attached to the school they are enrolled in, which means they will receive communication from their school (newsletters, updates, etc.).
- Families who choose to continue at-home learning will receive instruction from a teacher who is conducting online instruction, not necessarily a teacher who is attached to their home school.
If you are not presently enrolled in EPSB we will be accepting registrations only for returning Grade 12 students for our online learning and Grade 1-12 for our Parent-Directed Home Education program beginning the week of August 17.
Be safe and enjoy the next few weeks of summer.
P. Jean Stiles
Parent Directed Registration for 2020-2021
Please fill out the following forms:
- complete and sign a Student Registration Form for each student
- complete and sign a Home Education Regulation Form for each student
- legal proof of the student’s name, citizenship and birth date (see below)
- Please email all of these completed forms and legal proof to Student Records to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of Legal Proof of a Student's Name:
- Canadian provincial birth certificate
- Canadian citizenship document
- student visa - In some cases, immigration documents (e.g. landed immigrant documentation or a Permanent Residence Card) may also be required. Visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada for more information.
There will be information session being held online during May and June please check back to our website and we will be posting more information
If you have any questions please call 780-465-1299
Parent Directed for 2020-2021 - Welcome to New Argyll Families!
These are online parent-only orientation sessions for families with children newly registered in the Argyll 'Parent-Directed' program for 2020 - 2021. (Note: Parents of returning students are welcome to attend, too!)
Information will be provided about: navigating SchoolZone & Google Classroom, developing home education plans, writing parent summaries, preparing for student progress reviews and accessing resources.
The sessions will be held via Google 'Meet'. The anticipated length of the orientation is 1 - 2 hours. There is no cost to participate. Registration is required.
To register you must already be pre-enrolled for next year. Please contact 780-465-1299 to register for a session.
Caraway Registration for 2020-2021
- We are currently accepting Caraway Registration
- Due to the Government of Alberta's recent decision to close all of the schools, effective immediately, we can no longer offer a tour in person. We are still accepting applications for the 2020/2021 school year and offering phone interviews with prospective families. If you are interested in applying to our program, the first step is to download the "Reflective Document", fill it in and email it to email@example.com. We will then get back in touch with you with a virtual meeting time with our Department Head. If you have any questions please email our Department Head, Shawna Sutton at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.