|Parent Directed Home Education and Shared Responsibility News|
Hello Wonderful Home Education Families!
First of all, we would like to extend a warm welcome to all of our new home education families that have joined Argyll Centre. Our community is enriched by you taking the leap into the world of home education and joining us.
We have exciting announcements for all of you! Argyll Centre has merged with Metro Continuing Education and that means that we have more opportunities to offer in terms of support for all home education families! We are committed to continuing the work of creating a welcoming and vibrant home education community and being responsive to the needs you see arising as we navigate education during a global pandemic together.
New Opportunities with Argyll Centre and Metro:
Enrichment opportunities available at Metro
|High School Upgrading|
Registrations for High School Upgrading - 4th and 5th year students for 2020-2021
Thank you for your interest in continuing your education with Argyll Centre for 4th and 5th year programming.
Please fill out this 4th and 5th year form in order to input and submit your course request (maximum of two courses per semester. We are accepting registrations for semester 2 and quarter 3 at this time.
Once your prerequisites have been confirmed you will be contacted by phone or email with the steps to finish your registration.
We are currently not accepting Caraway Registration. Caraway is full.
Argyll Centre Update - home of LearnNet and Parent-Directed Home Education Program.
Due to the recent Government of Alberta announcement that schools will be returning to Face-to-Face instruction in September, we have been receiving a lot of requests for information.
- If you are presently enrolled in an Edmonton Public School please note that:
- In mid-August, families can expect their school to contact them about whether their child(ren) will return to face-to-face instruction at school or if they will choose at-home learning for their child. Check SchoolZone.
- Our goal is to ensure all students receive quality education, and we will continue to offer Online learning throughout the 2020-21 school year.
- Families who choose to have their child(ren) learn at-home will continue to be attached to the school they are enrolled in, which means they will receive communication from their school (newsletters, updates, etc.).
- Families who choose to continue at-home learning will receive instruction from a teacher who is conducting online instruction, not necessarily a teacher who is attached to their home school.
If you are not presently enrolled in EPSB we will be accepting registrations only for 4th and 5th year students (upgrading) for our online learning and Grade 1- 12 for our Parent-Directed Home Education program, beginning the week of August 17.
Be safe and enjoy the next few weeks of summer.
P. Jean Stiles