New Registrations for 2020-2021 - Updated August 18, 2020
Parent Directed Home Education Registration for 2020-2021
Are you interested in Parent Directed Home Education for the 2020-2021 School Year?
Here are some key pieces of information:
- If you are choosing to register as a Parent Directed Home Education family you will move from your current school to Argyll Centre for the full school year. Please note you will not access or return to your home school until the following school year.
- If you decide to register in our Parent Directed Home Education Program you can follow the Alberta Program of Studies or choose to follow the schedule
- Here are some frequently asked questions
- For the Home Education Handbook please click here
- Please join us for an Information Session on the Parent Directed Home Education Program:
- If this is the right decision for you please complete the following forms:
- complete and sign a Student Registration Form for each student
- complete and sign a Home Education Regulation Form for each student
- provide a scan or photograph of legal proof of your name, citizenship and birthdate (see below for accepted examples)
- provide a scan or photograph of a proof of Alberta address (any bill in your name with an Alberta address, driver's license)
- Please email all of these completed forms and legal proofs to Student Records to: email@example.com
- Please ensure that your contact information, phone number and email address are current and accessed frequently. You will be contacted once you are registered regarding an orientation session which will show you how to set up and submit the Home Education Plan and schedule Teacher/Parent facilitator meetings
Examples of Legal Proof of a Student's Name:
- Canadian provincial birth certificate
- Canadian citizenship document
- student visa - In some cases, immigration documents (e.g. landed immigrant documentation or a Permanent Residence Card) may also be required. Visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada for more information.
If you have any questions please call 780-465-1299.
Shared Responsibility Program 2020-2021
Our Shared Responsibility Program is full for the 2020-2021 school year
Updated August 18, 2020
Registrations for High School Upgrading - 4th and 5th year students for 2020-2021
Argyll Centre Update - home of LearnNet and Parent-Directed Home Education Program.
Due to the recent Government of Alberta announcement that schools will be returning to Face-to-Face instruction in September, we have been receiving a lot of requests for information.
- If you are presently enrolled in an Edmonton Public School please note that:
- In mid-August, families can expect their school to contact them about whether their child(ren) will return to face-to-face instruction at school or if they will choose at-home learning for their child. Check SchoolZone.
- Our goal is to ensure all students receive quality education, and we will continue to offer Online learning throughout the 2020-21 school year.
- Families who choose to have their child(ren) learn at-home will continue to be attached to the school they are enrolled in, which means they will receive communication from their school (newsletters, updates, etc.).
- Families who choose to continue at-home learning will receive instruction from a teacher who is conducting online instruction, not necessarily a teacher who is attached to their home school.
If you are not presently enrolled in EPSB we will be accepting registrations only for 4th and 5th year students (upgrading) for our online learning and Grade 1- 12 for our Parent-Directed Home Education program, beginning the week of August 17.
Be safe and enjoy the next few weeks of summer.
P. Jean Stiles
Caraway Registration for 2020-2021
- We are currently not accepting Caraway Registration. Caraway is full.