Parent Directed Home Education
Registration for this program closes on September 29, 2023.
Parent Directed Home Education programming (Grades 1-12) adheres to the provincial Home Education Regulation. Parents have maximum input into their children's program designs. This program allows the most flexibility in terms of the educational focus for the school year - including resource selection, instructional methods and forms of assessment. The parent takes on the sole responsibility in teaching their child/children, with Argyll teacher facilitators providing support with program planning, resource selection, instructional approaches and methods of evaluation.
To register for Argyll’s parent-directed program, parents will need to:
- complete the registration process on the registration page
- submit a Home Education Declaration Form to email@example.com
- submit a Home Education Plan (HEP) that meets the Home Education Regulation requirements
- submit a mid and a year end written summary of the child’s progress toward the learning outcomes identified in the home education plan
- provide dated samples of the child’s learning in all of the subject areas identified in the home education plan (minimum of 4 core subjects)
- attend student progress review meetings with the child twice yearly with the Argyll teacher facilitator
The current process to obtain a High School Diploma at Argyll Centre in our Parent Directed Home Education Program, students will complete assessments in order to demonstrate the student achieves the course standards and learning outcomes set out in the Programs of Study in order to obtain a school-awarded mark.
NOTE: Registration for this program closes on September 29, 2023.